Board-Certified Dermatologist & Clinical Instructor of Dermatology
Dr. Marcie Ulmer is a Dermatologist in Vancouver, BC, with special interests in medical and aesthetic dermatology, including laser-based therapy, dermal fillers, Botox Cosmetic®, Xeomin® and Dysport injections. With the aim of educating the public on the importance of sun protection and skin cancer prevention, she participates annually in local skin cancer screening events and has given educational lectures on melanoma and non-melanoma cancer.
Dr. Ulmer is a Clinical Instructor at the Department of Dermatology and Skin Science, University of British Columbia, where she completed her dermatology residency. She is committed to medical dermatology and has been involved in clinical research. A selection of her work has been published in the medical literature and presented at dermatology conferences.
The comprehensive range of Dr. Ulmer’s expertise includes medical, procedural and cosmetic dermatology. She is dedicated to working with patients to optimize their skin health through addressing individual skin-related concerns, developing basic skin care regimens, and offering a broad spectrum of advanced options.
Recent Presentations and Articles
Dr. Ulmer regularly speaks at professional conferences and community events. Some of her recent presentations include:
- Annual Spring Dermatology Review 2016 (April 30), “Actinic Ketatoses: Multiple Therapeutic Options for A Common Problem”
- Committee member and co-author for developing the Canadian Clinical Practice Guidelines for Rosacea, published in the Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery. Volume 20, Issue 5, May 2016.
- Annual Spring Dermatology Review 2015 (April 24-25), “Rosacea: A Therapeutic Update”
- Sexual Health 2015 Building Clinician Confidence & Competence (May 29-30), “Female Genital Dermatology – The Good, The Bad & The Unexpected”
- 5th Annual Therapeutic Update for the Family Physician (Feb 21 2015), “Actinic Keratoses: New Solutions for the Primary Care Physician”
- Acne & Rosacea Society of Canada Community Outreach (May 12, 2015), “Rosacea Help”
Her most recent media mentions and articles can be found in the Media section of the website.