Board-Certified Dermatologist & Clinical Instructor of Dermatology
Dr. Alexandra Kuritzky is a board-certified dermatologist in Vancouver, BC, and a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Dermatology and Skin Science at the University of British Columbia. She practices medical and cosmetic dermatology at Pacific Derm, and is on staff as an attending dermatologist at St. Paul’s Hospital. Dr. Kuritzky is passionate about education, and was the recipient of the 2015 Excellence in Resident Teaching Award from the Canadian Dermatology Association Residents and Fellows Society.
Dr. Kuritzky is a member of the Canadian Dermatology Association where she is part of the Sun Awareness Working Group, as well as the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. She frequently speaks at dermatology conferences and has had several appearances on local Vancouver television. She shares her love of her specialty on her dermatology blog, DermLife.ca, and has several peer-reviewed publications. Special areas of interest include photoprotection, acne and rosacea, cosmetic injectable treatments and laser and light-based treatments.
Dr. Kuritzky completed her medical degree at the University of Toronto, during which time she spent a year in Perth, Australia, working at the Telethon Institute for Child Health Research studying the effects of vitamin D on the immune system in the skin. She went on to do her residency in dermatology at the University of Ottawa. After her travels, Dr. Kuritzky returned to her home city of Vancouver to practice dermatology and raise her young family.
Recent Presentations and Articles
- Medical Disorders & Pregnancy, April 16 2016: Dermatoses of Pregnancy
- 40th Annual Internal Medicine Review for Family Physicians, St. Paul’s Hospital, May 2nd 2016: Actinic Keratoses, Basal Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma- Diagnostic and Treatment Pearls
- Annual Spring Dermatology Review, April 29 2016: Basal Cell Carcinoma and Squamous Cell Carcinoma- Diagnostic and Treatment Pearls
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles:
- Kuritzky LA. Five things to know about sunscreens. Canadian Medical Association Journal. 2015;187(13)E419.
- Kuritzky LA, Pratt M. Systemic allergic contact dermatitis after formaldehyde-containing influenza vaccine. Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery. 2015;19(5):504-6.
- Moloney G, Kuritzky LA and Alan M. The “Pinch and Slide” Surgical Technique. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 2015;72:e79-80.
- Kuritzky LA, Finlay-Jones JJ, Hart PH. The controversial role of vitamin D in the skin: immunosuppression vs. photoprotection. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology. 2008:33(2);167-170.
Her most recent media mentions and articles can be found in the Media section of the website.
- Dr. Jason Rivers
- Dr. Marcie Ulmer
- Dr. Alexandra Kuritzky
- Dr. Diana Diao
- Dr. Vincent Richer
- Dr. Janet Ip
- Our Staff