Board-Certified Dermatologist & Clinical Instructor of Dermatology
Dr. Vincent Richer is a Dermatologist and Clinical Instructor in the Department of Dermatology and Skin Science at the University of British Columbia. He is also a consultant dermatologist at Vancouver General Hospital and at the Skin Care Centre. He is motivated by getting optimal outcomes for his medical and cosmetic patients through customized care. This includes using the power of light to treat and enhance skin health, such as ultraviolet phototherapy to treat psoriasis or eczema, lasers to selectively improve skin appearance and photodynamic therapy to treat precancerous lesions.
Dr. Richer completed both his Medical Doctorate degree and Dermatology residency training at the Université de Montréal. He then completed a fellowship in Photobiology and Cutaneous Laser Surgery at the University of British Columbia. He has given scientific presentations at national and international conferences, published scientific articles and edited a textbook chapter in this field. He is also committed to teaching medical students and residents, as well as participating in continuing medical education for family physicians and dermatologists. Outside the clinic, his interests include cooking, crossfit and skiing. He is fluent in French and English.
Recent Presentations and Articles
- UBC Spring Dermatology Review 2018: Dermatology therapeutics / Isotretinoin boot camp
- St-Pauls Family Medicine Continuing Medical Education Conference 2017: Urticaria
- UBC Spring Dermatology Review 2017: Common skin conditions – when to consider lasers and lights? / Actinic keratosis, basal cell carcinoma and squamous cell carcinoma.
Selected Peer-reviewed Journal Articles:
- Richer V, Kharazmi P, Lee T, Kalia S, Lui H. Quantifying the visual appearance of sunscreens applied to the skin by indirect computer image colorimetry, Photodermatology, Photoimmunology & Photomedicine 2017
- Richer V, Lui H. Cross-sectional evaluation of acute adverse reactions during UVA-1 phototherapy. British Journal of Dermatology 2017
- Vadeboncoeur S, Richer V, Nantel-Battista M, Benohanian A. Treatment of palmar hyperhidrosis with needle injection versus low pressure needle-free injection of OnabotulinumtoxinA : an open-label prospective study, Dermatological Surgery 2017
- Richer V, Roubille C, Fleming P, Starnino T, McCourt C, McFarlane A, Siu S, Kraft K, Lynde C, Pope JE, Keeling S, Dutz J, Bessette L, Gulliver WP, Haraoui B, Bissonnette R. Psoriasis and smoking: a systematic literature review and meta-analysis with qualitative analysis of effect of smoking on psoriasis severity. Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery 2015
- AlJasser M, Richer V, Ball N, Lui H, Zhou Y. Photolichenoid papules within vitiligo induced by narrowband UVB phototherapy. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology 2015
- Richer V, Lui H. Carbon dioxide laser correction of an occult camouflage tattoo unintentionally darkened by Q-switched laser exposure. Dermatologic Surgery 2015
- Richer V, Lui H. Facial multinucleate cell angiohistiocytoma: long-term remission with 585 nm pulsed dye laser. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology 2015
- Nantel-Battista M, Richer V, Marcil I, Benohanian A. Treatment of nail psoriasis with intralesional triamcinolone acetonide using a needle-free jet injector: a prospective trial. J Cutan Med Surg. 2014
- Richer V, Bouffard D, Bélisle A, Duranceau L, Perreault I, Provost N. Acute blistering diseases on the burn ward: Beyond Stevens-Johnson Syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis. Burns 2013
- Dr. Jason Rivers
- Dr. Marcie Ulmer
- Dr. Alexandra Kuritzky
- Dr. Diana Diao
- Dr. Vincent Richer
- Dr. Janet Ip
- Our Staff