Dr. Jason Rivers is the author of more than 150 scientific publications, including 11 textbooks. The primary focus of many of these literary contributions centers on melanoma or nonmelanoma skin cancers and premalignant skin lesions.
Dr. Rivers’ (as single and co-author) textbook contributions include:
- Can Early Melanoma be Diagnosed? In: Cutaneous Melanoma, Biology and Management.
- Dysplastic Nevi. In: Cancers of the Skin.
- Skin Cancer: Basal Cell and Squamous Cell Carcinoma. In: Textbook of Clinical Oncology.
- Keratinocyte-derived tumors. In: Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery. An Integrated Program in Dermatology. Self-Assessment and Review.
- Melanoma. In: Dermatology: Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery in Primary Care.
- The Case Control Study. In: Cutaneous Biometrics.
- Becker’s Melanosis. In: eMedicine Dematology.
- Central Nervous System Melanoma. In: eMedicine Dermatology.
- Prevention Strategies, Early Diagnosis and Results of Education Campaign. In: Textbook of Melanoma.
- Precursor Lesions – Recognition and Management. In: Textbook of Melanoma.
- Precursor Lesions to Melanoma: Atypical Nevi and Congenital Melanocytic Nevi. In: Cutaneous Malignant Melanoma. In Press.
With dual expertise in both general and cosmetic dermatology, Dr. Rivers has written medical journal articles on cosmeceuticals and aesthetic medicine.
In addition to his dedication to research, writing and publishing, Dr. Rivers has served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery (JCMS) since 2005. The JCMS is the official publication of the Canadian Dermatology Association and its mandate is to increase the profile of Canadian dermatology, encourage communication between peers and continuing clinical education and publication of research.
Dr. Rivers has been an expert peer-reviewer or editorial board member for several major dermatology journals, including the British Journal of Dermatology, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, and JAMA Dermatology (formerly Archives of Dermatology).
Regularly invited as speaker and/or guest lecturer at industry events, Dr. Rivers has presented at more than 200 meetings and educational forums across Canada as well as internationally.
He has made a number of radio and television guest appearances, as well as providing opinions, as an expert in both national and local media discussing sun awareness, cosmetic dermatology and healthy skin care.