Board-Certified Dermatologist & Clinical Instructor of Dermatology
Dr. Marcie Ulmer is a Dermatologist in Vancouver, BC, with special interests in medical and aesthetic dermatology, including laser-based therapy, dermal fillers, Botox Cosmetic®, Xeomin® and Dysport injections.
Dr. Ulmer is a Clinical Instructor at the Department of Dermatology and Skin Science, University of British Columbia, where she completed her dermatology residency. She is committed to medical dermatology and has been involved in clinical research. A selection of her work has been published in the medical literature and presented at dermatology conferences.
The comprehensive range of Dr. Ulmer’s expertise includes medical, procedural and cosmetic dermatology. She is dedicated to working with patients to optimize their skin health through addressing individual skin-related concerns, developing basic skin care regimens, and offering a broad spectrum of advanced options.
Recent and Upcoming Presentations and Articles
Dr. Ulmer regularly speaks at professional conferences and community events. Some of her recent and upcoming presentations include:
- A Day of Family Health for GPs (November 25, 2017), The Management of Atopic Dermatitis
- CME on the Run (November 3, 2017), Rosacea – Current Treatments
- Dermatology Update 2017 Annual Meeting (October 28, 2017), Cosmetic Pearls
- Medicon™ Day of Dermatology for Pharmacy and Primary Care (September 23, 2017), Expert panel: Presentation and multidisciplinary discussion of several common dermatologic conditions
- Skin Spectrum Summit 2017 (May 27), Chairperson, meeting on therapeutic challenges in pigmented skin
- Annual Spring Dermatology Review 2017 (April 29), “A Practical Therapeutic Approach to Rosacea”
- CME On The Run (April 28, 2017), Our Skin As We Age: Wrinkles and Spots
- Annual Spring Dermatology Review 2016 (April 30), “Actinic Ketatoses: Multiple Therapeutic Options for A Common Problem”
- Committee member and co-author for developing the Canadian Clinical Practice Guidelines for Rosacea, published in the Journal of Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery. Volume 20, Issue 5, May 2016.
- 61st Annual St. Paul’s Hospital Continuing Medical Education Conference for Primary Care Physicians (November 25, 2015)
- Sexual Health 2015 Building Clinician Confidence & Competence (May 29-30), “Female Genital Dermatology – The Good, The Bad & The Unexpected”
- Acne & Rosacea Society of Canada Community Outreach (May 12, 2015), “Rosacea Help”
- Annual Spring Dermatology Review 2015 (April 24-25), “Rosacea: A Therapeutic Update”
- 5th Annual Therapeutic Update for the Family Physician (Feb 21 2015), “Actinic Keratoses: New Solutions for the Primary Care Physician”
Her most recent media mentions and articles can be found in the Media section of the website.
- Dr. Jason Rivers
- Dr. Marcie Ulmer
- Dr. Alexandra Kuritzky
- Dr. Diana Diao
- Dr. Vincent Richer
- Dr. Janet Ip
- Our Staff